Health week!
I have decided to post about health week. I have learned a lot about being healthy and have applied it in my life, to some degree.
So what motivates me to get going? Two things. One, each time I look at an picture of myself now vs. when I was younger. So is about being thin, flirty and fabulous! NO! It's about feeling better about myself. Who doesn't want that? When I look in the mirror I want to feel fabulous! Two, I want to keep up with my busy-body child.
So how does one achieve this?
First, grab that calendar! Write down days that allow you to work out. If it's early in the morning or in the late night, it does not matter. When you write it down, don't just put "workout" put what you want to do for your workout. Here is an example:
Now you can use this, or you can tailor it to you and your schedule. I personally take two days rest one on Sunday and one on Wednesday.
If this looks overwhelming, then scale it back. Do cardio one day and weights the next day. You don't have to do both on the same day! If it looks to easy, amp it up! Do more cardio, or add in more weight lifting.
Second, set small goals. That old saying, "How do you eat a whole elephant?" ONE bite at a time! If just starting out, work on exercising that day. Then a week, the month, and BAM you have made it through the month!
Third, Make yourself accountable. Track your progress on your phone, tell a friend/spouse what your exercise plans are and then tell them later that you did it (or didn't), or keep a journal. Be accountable for the work you do!
I can promise that even if you exercise when you least want to, you will feel much better!
I would love to hear how you keep yourself motivated and what your workout schedule is?
So what motivates me to get going? Two things. One, each time I look at an picture of myself now vs. when I was younger. So is about being thin, flirty and fabulous! NO! It's about feeling better about myself. Who doesn't want that? When I look in the mirror I want to feel fabulous! Two, I want to keep up with my busy-body child.
So how does one achieve this?
First, grab that calendar! Write down days that allow you to work out. If it's early in the morning or in the late night, it does not matter. When you write it down, don't just put "workout" put what you want to do for your workout. Here is an example:
Now you can use this, or you can tailor it to you and your schedule. I personally take two days rest one on Sunday and one on Wednesday.
If this looks overwhelming, then scale it back. Do cardio one day and weights the next day. You don't have to do both on the same day! If it looks to easy, amp it up! Do more cardio, or add in more weight lifting.
Second, set small goals. That old saying, "How do you eat a whole elephant?" ONE bite at a time! If just starting out, work on exercising that day. Then a week, the month, and BAM you have made it through the month!
Third, Make yourself accountable. Track your progress on your phone, tell a friend/spouse what your exercise plans are and then tell them later that you did it (or didn't), or keep a journal. Be accountable for the work you do!
I can promise that even if you exercise when you least want to, you will feel much better!
I would love to hear how you keep yourself motivated and what your workout schedule is?


Comments
Post a Comment