Fitness Week: Food
Let's be honest, food is personal. Secretly I rather eat a snickers than cut an apple. It's just easier. I cook meals that are easy and convenient. But, for some people it isn't as personal. They have trained themselves to eat the salad and not the burger. Either way it plays into fitness. I have found,when I eat more vegetables and fruit, I am not as hungry. I stay full longer. When I down a bag of chips, I am constantly hungry. Does anyone else feel this way?
Well for loosing weight I have found a couple tools that have helped me.
One, is a calorie counter. I love My Fitness Pal. I can keep track of my food and exercise, do my own weigh ins and check my progress. It is on the computer and on my phone. I am never without it.
Two, I have found one of the greatest books called Eat This, Not That. It is loaded with all yummy, healthy, make your own food.
I have labeled mine in different categories which are:
- Healthy Snacks: Trail mix, smoothies, green salads, fruit mixes and deli salads.
- Breakfast: Restaurants, supermarkets, and at home
- Lunch: Restaurants, supermarkets and at home
- Diner: Restaurants, Supermarkets and at home
- Snacks: Include the 50 best snacks
- Deserts: Restaurants, Supermarkets and at home
Yes you can eat the colors of the rainbow, and yes you can starve yourself to be thin, but who really wants that? Learn as much as you can about nutrition, learn about your body and if you don't like something you don't have to force yourself to eat it! Eat what you like, but don't be afraid to try something new.
Be a smart eater.


Comments
Post a Comment