Playdoh Tips and Tricks


My kids love to play with Playdoh. We haven't played with it for a while, so when i pulled it out they were so excited. They sat and played quietly for an hour and a half! I couldn't believe it! They got along and had a great time playing.



I noticed that the reason they were so good is because they had important "tools" to help them stay busy. They really didn't need me and were self entertained. We have a lot of accessories with Playdoh but they only play with 2-3 essentials. 




They are:
1. The roller is just a mini rolling pin. It came in a kit with cutters, but I have seen cut up PVC pipe used and it works great. 

2. The ruler's edge is great for cutting the Playdoh chunks. 

3. The scissors are great for cutting the Playdoh in pieces. My 3 year old is learning how to use scissors and this is great way for her to practice holding and using scissors. 

Other things that make it easier for my kids to play is, they only get to pick one color and get half the dough. We have a big container of all different colors. They choose one color and I only give them half. It is a lot of dough for little hands and they have a better time playing. 

Now for the clean up.




I have a plastic vinyl tablecloth covering the table. I got this at my local fabric store and it makes clean up a breeze. I clean the table underneath, spread out the vinyl, and dump out the toys. Most of the Playdoh stays on the table. As always some of it ends up on the floor. I let those dry and sweep them up. The kids help clean up as well.

Storage:
I have one big box for all the containers of Playdoh, the table cloth and one small container for the "tools." They are stored in the play room closet. 


I hope that you find these tip and tricks helpful the next time you pull out Playdoh for your littles. What are your favorite Playdoh toys?



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hello!!

Remember the Moments

Fabulous Friday: Cake Batter Cookies