3 of the Best Parenting Books



First, I should let you all know that I am not a perfect parent by any means. I have my great, awesome mom days.  I have my bad, not so good mom days, and all in between. I am, however, always on the look out for GREAT parenting books. I have checked many books out at the library, have taken a parent-toddler workshop, with both of my kids, and talk to many parents. So let's get started as to why I find these three books to be the best.

1. No-Drama Discipline



I found that the best principle in this book was to connect with your kids. When our kids act out, which they do, then it is our job to be the detective and figure out why. A hug, or confirming their feelings helps calm the situation down so then we talk about the situation and possible consequences. I have tried this and it works wonders, but I have noticed that if I am tired and my kids are tired as well, it makes it a bit harder. As long as I have had a good night sleep I am a better parent (aren't we all though).

2. Brain Rules for Baby




When we lived in Colorado, the library would have the parent-toddler workshops. They would have experts in the area come to the library. We would get to know each other and watch how our children would interact with other kids and mostly how us parents handled our own children. The librarian recommended this book to every one she talked too. I figured why not read it. I immediately loved this book.  I couldn't wait to get my own copy to mark it up!
John Medina talks about the brain development from day 1! Which I mean in the womb day 1! Amazing!!  He goes on about the relationships that you, as a parent, have with others and how that affects our children's developing brain.

3. Smart Money, Smart Kids



This book exceeded all expectations! I am sure Dave and Rachel didn't even mean to make it a parenting book. It is mostly about how to teach kids to handle money, when they should learn about money, and how to budget and plan for money in the future. I found in between the lines that it is a great parenting book. Saying no to children and sticking with it. Follow through with what is promised, and so much more.
I will be sharing more about this book in a separate post. It is so good it needs its own.


I share these books because I find them uplifting and encouraging and that no matter what I can always improve. I would love to hear what are your favorite parenting books? What works for you as a parent?

Where to find the books:
No-Drama Discipline
Brain Rules for Baby
Smart Money, Smart Kids




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hello!!

Remember the Moments

Fabulous Friday: Cake Batter Cookies