D.I.Y Print and Cut
I am always looking forward to the next holiday, especially in the winter. I wanted to have a fun printable that I would love. I created this in Silhouette Studio and it didn't take very long. I am going to show you how to make it for yourself. Ready? Good!!
Supplies:
White Cardstock
Color printer
Silhouette Cameo
Designs Needed:
Clovers Design #75118
Got everything you need? Great! Let's get started!!!
#1 Determine the size you want the printable to be. I wanted mine to be a 5"x7". Create a square 5"x7" (or your desired size) Make sure the "Locked ratio" is unchecked.
#2 I wanted stripes, and for them to be evenly spaced. Create another square with the dimensions 5"x.5". Used the align tool to bring it to the top and center it.


#3 Now the next step is what makes the Silhouette so great. I need it to go all the way down the page, so instead of copying and pasting, click the "column of four" button in the replicate window. Then color every other one the color of your choice (I went with black). Go back through and delete the white squares (in the long run it makes things a lot easier.)
#4 Now time to select a design. Select the clover in the design studio (#75118). In this particular design there are five clovers to choose from. When it first opens on the screen, the clovers are all one design. To pick your favorite, select the whole design, click on the modify window and click divide. This will separate the clovers and you can individually select one. Position it where you want the design. To fill in with color, click the fill color window.
#5 For the word "Lucky," use the LW Cupcake font (one of my faves), color it white. Then use LW Dandy font to add the rest. Add the registration marks and print out on your color printer.
#6 Place paper on cut mat. Adjust blade to the settings in the "adjust cut settings" window, and only cut the outside box (in this case the original 5x7). Watch it cut and....
Viola! It is all cut and ready for a frame!
Have a wonderful day!










Comments
Post a Comment