Olympic Cupcakes
I love watching the Opening Ceremony of the Olympics. It is such a neat experience to see the world come together.
When I was 14, I was able to participate in the Olympic torch running in Ogden Utah, for the Winter Olympics. It was so cold and amazing to be apart of such a grand event.
So, for this year I thought it would be fun to make some cupcakes. During the process, I thought of what I would write about. When in came down to it, it was more about the Olympic rings that I made. The cake great, the frosting great, the rings...not so much greatness.
How to make:
White cake mix (or any you prefer)
Frosting
Wilton Candy Melts
Sprinkles
Make cake mix and bake as directed
Choose frosting you love or make the one you love
Frost cake. I used Wilton's tip #12. You can choose which ever you like, I prefer the roundness of this tip. I had on hand gold and silver sugar sprinkles. Half were in gold and the other half in silver.
Now for the rings.
This is the template I used

Print a bunch of rings, put parchment paper over the top, and melt the candy melts.
Ok this is what I really wanted to talk about. I only had yellow and black candy melts. So I used white chocolate and used food coloring for the other 3 rings.

The first batch I made I thought that my rings where too thin. So, the second batch I got them thick (pictured). It didn't matter, the yellow and black had no problem come off the parchment paper the others melted. I stuck them in the fridge for at least 20 minutes. It just didn't matter.
- Another reason is the color. I did not get the color I wanted and new it would take a lot of food coloring which can change the taste.
- The candy melts didn't melt like the white chocolate did when putting on the cupcakes.

Either way, my kids loved them and they are delicious. Hope you enjoy watching the Olympics!


Comments
Post a Comment