Making a Difference
"If you desire to make a difference in the world, you must be different from the world."
-Elaine S. Dalton
I'm not popular, I'm not fancy. I am just me. I live a simple life, I am sure like most of you readers. I do laundry (which I despise), I do the dishes, vacuum, and take care of my babies. I had dreams of being the best flutist when I was younger, or going to Africa to help little children. I dreamed of marrying a handsome man who would take me to the temple, and we would have a home with many children.
I did get married in the temple to a handsome man, I do have a wonderful home, and I have two darling children, but where did all my dreams go. Did I lose me? NO. I still desire to make a difference! I can do this by starting in my own home. Making a difference doesn't mean spending x amount of money on a charity. It doesn't mean giving your spare change to the man on the corner, those are all nice things.
For me making a difference is staying at home all day and night with my children. I have many friends and family who work to make ends meet and thats ok, but for me and my family we decided that me staying at home, teaching, taking care of our children is where I need to be. We live off one income. It isn't easy. I still want the nice clothes, the home decor, the shiny new things, I have had to learn to be patient not only with myself but with my family. Making a difference is sometimes changing my attitude. It means teaching my kids about being nice to others, or being patient. I choose to stay at home, which isn't popular anymore, and make the difference in my home.
Comments
Post a Comment