Save me, San Francisco

For a Fleming Family vacation we went to San Francisco! We had so much fun! Watching a MLB and a NFL game, going to Alcatraz, the Warf, walking down and then up Lombard street (yea I'm that person) and piling 8 people in a 15 passenger van was fantastic!
But going on this trip I learned so much of what do when traveling with a baby! I was a mess about the week before trying to plan it all out. When it came down to it I leaned what I did that was great and some things that weren't that great!

Do's

  1. Take a smaller Diaper bag. I have two different size diaper bags and I took the smaller one. I took just what I needed for baby. Diapers, wipes, food, bottles and spoons. When going through security you can have baby food as long it's sealed, and out of the bag. 
  2. Take a stroller with you through the airport, even if you have to transfer planes. The lady checking you in will tag that stroller right up! She slapped a transfer and a pick up at the gate tag and we reached San Fran, our stroller was waiting for us. 
  3. Carseat! I had to have my carseat. We were driving everywhere and I HAD to have it! We flew Southwest and they we nice enough to put it in a bag and check it with out bag with no extra cost. I don't know about the other airlines but Southwest wins for that.
  4. I packed extra diapers and wipes, and baby clothes in my husbands suite case and it worked out great.
Ok with all that being said the things I learned quickly were:

  • take extra wipes in the diaper bag. Our flight was delayed then cancelled and then the new flight was delayed again, I had no wipes, no food and one diaper! Panic set in. 
  • Pack extra food for baby. If they don't finish it throw it away. Ours popped open all over the diapers. 
  • Babies don't have to drink formula the whole time on flight or on take off and landing. Apple juice worked great and so did falling asleep. They just need something to suck so there ears can pop.
  • Be patient with your husband. Being upset and frustrated at him won't make it better (not my finest moment). Communicate with him what your bringing and what you plan on doing. It makes it easier, I promise!
I hope this helps the first time mom flying with her little one. We had a fun time and I can't wait to go back!





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hello!!

Remember the Moments

Fabulous Friday: Cake Batter Cookies