Browned Butter Crinkles
These cookies are devine! I don't make them often, but when I do YUM!
I got the recipe from 101 Gourmet Cookies for Everyone by Wendy Paul! She has so many cookies that are fun and delicious!
One that I am going to share from her book is the Browned Butter Crinkles!
Cookie
I got the recipe from 101 Gourmet Cookies for Everyone by Wendy Paul! She has so many cookies that are fun and delicious!
One that I am going to share from her book is the Browned Butter Crinkles!
Cookie
2 Sticks of Butter, softened
1 Cup sugar
3 egg yolks
pinch of salt
1 1/2 tsp. Baking Soda
1 1/2 tsp. Vanilla
2 1/3 cups flour
Beat butter and sugar together. Add egg yolks and salt, and then add soda and vanilla. Fold in flour. Stir until combined. Form balls the size of walnuts. Chill dough balls for 1 hour in the refrigerator. Dip tops in sugar. Press flat with the bottom of a glass and place on a ungreased cookie sheet. Bake at 350 degrees for 8-10 min. or until lightly golden. Remove from oven and let the cookies stand for 1 minute on the cookie sheet. Remove to a wire rack and cool completely. Frost.
Frosting
1 Stick butter
4 cups powdered sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
1/2 cup heavy cream or more for right consistency.
In a small skillet, brown butter over medium heat until golden brown flecks appear. Butter will become a little foamy. Stir occasionally to make butter cook evenly. remove from heat and cool slightly. Add powdered sugar, vanilla, and cream. Beat on medium high until a creamy texture to your liking forms. Spread onto cooled butter crinkles.
I like to top mine with cinnamon and sugar. Enjoy!!

Comments
Post a Comment